The Advantages of Java Development
The reason why JavaWebster opts for Java as a platform for enterprise level application development is the fact that this language holds a number of undeniable advantages, such as:
- Short time-span of application developing (significantly shorter compared to languages like C or C++) that the core Java language allows for a broad selection of features for maintaining general development tasks.
- Perfect object orientation that makes this language a best tool to build applications around a vast number of real world, life and business situations. This language is very effective and convenient for developing of reliable custom applications with all necessary functions and such processes as UML/RUP.
- Opportunity to support multiple types of services and clients. Thus, J2SE (the Java 2 Standard Edition) allows for creating GUI and text based clients, as well as standalone applications; while with the J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) developers can create more complex n-tier and client-server models; and J2ME (Java 2 micro Edition) is a convenient platform for building application for PDAs. These three editors can also be used together and give a better solution, such as the distributed client-server application is, with its use of a range of web as well as handheld clients.
- Being supported by multiple platforms, which allows for Java to be deployed on a variety of software platforms and hardware. Apart from this feature, Java applications can also be conveniently and almost with no code altering migrated to a new platform, such as Microsoft Windows NT/2000, Microsoft Windows 95/98, Palm OS, Linux, Sun Solaris or Mac OS. For instance, you won’t have any cause to worry in case of migrating from Unix to Windows NT/2000, as the Java application will perform equally well in new environment.
- High level of security that Java possesses through range of security features which are incorporated into the core language itself. There are several optional extensions as well that perform such functions as encryption and authentication. All these features make Java the most secure platform for application development.
- Through its most sophisticated exception and error handling ability Java provides high level of stability that ensures minimal impact on the application’s other parts while handling problems and errors.
- And, at last, Java allows to build with the network in mind, using TCP/IP networking. This feature allows Java applications to communicate perfectly across a variety of networks, such as the Internet, Extranets, Intranets, and VPN’s.